List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: program loading
From:       Timothy Whitfield <timothy () datasync ! com>
Date:       1999-02-23 16:36:01

> Please, can anybody implement this marvellous feature as described
> above, as soon as possible?
> I fear, if nobody does it, other will come and the %*!& hourglass cursor
> from M$-Windoze will hurt my eyes even on my KDE box!

I am not trying to start anything, but it occurs to me that we make KDE
so that we can have the power of unix under the windows interface.  I am
a really anti-microsft person, but I think that refusing features just
because microsoft thought of it first is wrong. They pay alot of people
alot of money to think about it.  And for the most part, what they come up
with is quickly accepted by users everywhere.

I don't care if kde looks identical to windows (other than trademark
problems).  The main thing I try to do with my kde is show people that my
unix box can do every bit as much as there windows.  So what is the point
in refusing a windows feature?

I don't care what you guys do on the program loading, because I know that
the kde team has a habit of doing the best thing, and if they don't we can
always fix it later.  I do care that anti-Microsoft'ism is keeping
valuable features out of kde.  Microsoft doesn't hesitate to copy us or
any unix do they?  They seem to be getting more server and user friendly.
Do you think they thought of that themselves?

Timothy