List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tooltips of docking windows
From:       Eirikur Hallgrimsson <eh () mad ! scientist ! com>
Date:       1999-02-20 18:29:26

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Yannai A. Gonczarowski wrote:
>David Faure wrote:
>> Docking is not only for sort-of minimizing apps, it can also have more
>> special purposes, depending on the application. So I don't think it's
>> good to hardcode a behaviour in the parent (here kpanel).
>
>But still, korn could set the title of each mailbox to be the tooltip.
>Regards,
>Yannai.

This approach won't work for my (unsubmitted, sigh) minor patch to Kppp
which adds a tooltip showing the connection speed.  I think the reason I
haven't submitted it is that I like the effect of just showing the digits
of the connection speed, but I've been expecting that other people would
want a label, too, lest new users ask "What's this number?"

Eirikur