List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Another feature idea: 'DOS mode'
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-02-19 1:21:51

Here's an off the wall idea for you all:

If you've used many MS Windows games etc. then you know that many
require
you to use 'Dos mode', which essential means you must shutdown windows
and
run them from DOS (though the process is automated).

I was thinking that it might be possible to make those games 'KDE
Compliant'
by doing the same. Is it possible to make Linux shutdown safely then
boot
DOS without doing a full reset? If we could do this then we would be
able
to automate the DOS side of things by editing autoexec.bat (or
persuading
the freeDos guys to allow their DOS kernel to take parameters), we could
even restart Linux afterwards using loadlin! If we could fit this into
KDE
then our support for this software would be as good as that of Windows.
:-)

I don't know if this is a good idea or just plain stupid, I'm sure
someone
will tell me though. :-)

Rich.
ps. Anyone trying to contact me via moorer@cs.man.ac.uk should use my
kde.org address, the old address is no longer available.
--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard@robocast.com