List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Tooltips of docking windows
From:       "Yannai A. Gonczarowski" <yannaigo () leyada ! jlm ! k12 ! il>
Date:       1999-02-19 14:08:34

I use 1.1, and in my kpanel (among other stuff) there's kbiff and kmoon one
next to the other.
Many times when I quickly move the mouse to above kbiff (moves above kmoon
in order to get there), I get the tooltip of kmoon instead of kbiff, and
when I move my mouse out of the panel area, the tooltip stays there for a
while (a couple of seconds). This happens with other apps which have
tooltips as well.
So, my suggestion is:
Since the widgets docked into kpanel are really windows, kpanel could show
the title of the window as a tooltip for the docked widget, thus making
saving code in individual applications, reducing the overhead of having the
application display its own tooltip, and (I think) solving the problem I
describe above.

Since I don't know how to do something like this, does anyone want to do
this?

Flames / comments / ... ?

Regards,
Yannai.