List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion (root window icon management)
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-02-17 16:32:38

Espen Sand wrote:

> This is a suggestion that popped up in the kde list (see bottom)
>
> I could extend it
> 1) It should be possible to save the location of the icons so that you can

Definitely - this really annoys me on MS Windows.

> 2) Perhaps one could have one of several sets of icons on the
> screen, so that you can load a "development layout" with icons for editres,
> debugger, links to documentation etc, and then later select another
> set which might be configured for sound manipulation or a image
> processing layout.

I think this is a good idea too. What would be nice would be something
along
the lines of the way workspaces are organised in Visual Cafe. These
allow you
to save any number of configurations each one having its own
window/toolbar
settings. The workspaces are accessed through a combo box.

If this were to fit in with the existing KDE features then we could do
something
like allowing you to save window positions etc. (which would require
kwm's cooperation) and add the combo box to KPanel.

Rich.