List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Making any widget a drag source...
From:       iglio () fub ! it (Pietro Iglio)
Date:       1999-02-17 10:03:13

I have written a couple of macros to make any widget (Qt or KDE) a drag source
(eg. QListBox, QLabel, etc). It's a bit tricky, but works. The macros are
based on the class KDNDWidget (by Torben Weis).

I don't know if there is an alternative way to make a regular widget a drag
source, but I don't think so. My solution is very simple: you need to add no
more than 10 lines of code to get full DND support.

Can this be of interest for other developers? Should I put the header file
somewhere under the CVS?

If anybody is interested, I can give the source code and a demo I wrote.

-- Pietro Iglio