List:       kde-devel
Subject:    good additional field for .kdelnk files to have
From:       Preston Brown <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-02-16 21:45:39

The GNOME guys, which largely based their config files off our own kdelnk
stuff, have a good field which I don't believe we have.  If we do,
disregard it, ignore me. :)

In addition to the "Exec" field, they have "TryExec".  This is very cool
-- it is a field which if present looks in the path for the application
given, and if it can't be found, the entry will not show up in panel menus
and the like.  Thus, instead of having to run an app like appfinder, they
just ship a whole lot of kdelnks for apps that may or may not be present,
and only the ones which are actually present show up.

What do people think?  David?

---
 -Preston Brown
  Red Hat Software, Inc.