List:       kde-devel
Subject:    bug 704:
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-02-16 14:21:04

This sounds quite tragical to me. Is this #define defined by
any standard? If so, what does it say? If not, who has added
all those TMP_PATHs (I know :) and is volunteering to add
the / everywhere?

Greetings, Stephan

=======

Hi,

I am trying to port KDE 1.1 to SCO Openserver 5.05
and actually alreay have it running quite wel, but..
This seems to concern the whole  kde-package:

In my /usr/include/paths.h al tha pastch are wo. a trailing "/".
The KDE code seems to assume that there is one.
This leads to a situation where ie. the temp files are written to
/tmpkioxxxxxx instead of /tmp/kioxxxxxx, and since the regular user
usually doesn't have writeaccess to root it fails miserably.
Kfm crashes and so on....

I don't know if it is a bug in SCO or in KDE, but can you pls. check
from
some standards document ?

Will be back with more of the (smallish) things that can be done to amek
for an easy compilation on SCO.

BRGDS

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.