List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NEW class for kdelibs
From:       "Robert Hagemann" <rhagemann () psipenta ! com>
Date:       1999-02-15 11:52:49

Hi,
<cite>
Are there any objections to me adding a new class into kdelib called
KAccelMenu.
It has two purposes
     a) Allow the setting if accelerators by typing the key when the
           menu is open
        b) Simplify the use of KAccel with menus

The use of the ' key for quoting characters that are menu shortcuts
seems as good as any.
</cite>

I recall, that we've already discussed topic a) a few weeks ago but
I don't know the agreement on this stuff.
Personally, I dislike a). The user would configure shortcuts without
noticing.

Ciao,
Robert Hagemann
.