List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: 1.1: panel & taskbar stay on top
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-02-15 11:01:58

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Alexei Dets wrote:
>Hi!
>Matthias Ettrich wrote:
>>
>> >Yes, Matthias, you are right that kpanel must stay on top. But do you
>> >think that new windows must appear under kpanel? Its place must be
>> >reserved and one can place windows in this area (under kpanel) _only_
>> >manualy.
>>
>> I don't get it, sorry. Whenever kwm places a new window, it takes care about
>> the taskbar.
>
>Try to place kpanel on the left side. Start Netscape.

As we said in the thread already: Netscape forces the wm to place itself onto
that position. It's a Netscape bug, it doesn't seem to remember the last
position but wants to be placed at a fixed position whenever it starts up.
Please try the current CVS version of kwm, since yesterday there's a solution
to this problem (.i.e. ignoring bogus application hints).

Matthias