List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KGet imported to the CVS
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-02-13 8:54:03

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Matt Koss wrote:

> On Ne, 14 feb 1999, David Faure wrote:
> >
> >I don't think it's a good idea to put it in kfm/konqueror, because there
> >should be a KDE utility that does what wget does : recursive retrieval of a
> >Web site. kfm "Save page" will only try to save the current page, not the
> >whole site - it's not kfm purpose I think.
> >If kget doesn't do it, then I guess somebody will make another
> >tool that implement that as well. So it would be better in a library than
> >in kfm/konqueror itself.
> >

> I think that this is only matter of implementing recursive copy in http slave.
> The same way as it is done in file and ftp slave.
>
> Kget supports copying of directories and because of this, it could be used also
> for recursive copying of some http server, as soon as the above is implemented.

It's not exactly the same, because you need to modify the downloaded data
so references are right. Or am I misunderstanding?

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.