List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QStyle and KDE
From:       Frugal <frugal () fysh ! org>
Date:       1999-02-10 8:38:59

Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, mosfet wrote:
>
> > QT links their styles directly into libqt.
>
> Are you kidding me?  This is horrible.  Ew.  Gtk+ compatable themes would
> be awesome, but something that's not platform dependant would do just
> great. But alas we're stuck with Qt it seems :)

There is nothing to stop one of the default Styles that ship with KDE
being able to parse GTK themes and the config file (.gtkthemerc ?)

That way with one style we can get the GTK themes and with a series of
different styles we can get far more radical changes.

--
Frugal                       + The two secrets to success:
                             +   1- Don't tell anyone everything.