List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems using KIOJob: can help me?
From:       iglio () fub ! it (Pietro Iglio)
Date:       1999-02-09 15:47:48

At 17.07 09/02/99 -0200, you wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote:
>>
>> KFM kfm;
>> kfm.copy(srcpath, dstpath);
>>
>> Also, I would like to disable the progression bar.
>
>Why? Think about huge directory trees and copying over NFS.

In the case of a file move/copy operation using disknavigator, the progress
bar, and any other KFM window, are a problem because they can overlap the
menu
structure. Sometimes, for example, the disknav menu looses the focus when a
message box appears during file operations.
Huge directories over NFS: users shouldn't use kdisknav for complex and long
filesystem operations; if they do that, they don't get a visual feedback.

I suggest KFM developers to checkout kpanel2 and use kdisknav to copy folders
around to understand why it is not good to have many windows appearing around
while navigating with kpanel menus.

-- Pietro