List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Files in use ...
From:       "Yannai A. Gonczarowski" <yannaigo () leyada ! jlm ! k12 ! il>
Date:       1999-02-05 13:49:11

Matt Koss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement this the way some download managers are doing.
> I have already started some work on this.
>
> These managers add to all currently downloaded files another extension, like
> ..part for example ( partial download )
> This way you know, that file has not been yet fully downloaded.
> After that it will put this extension away.
>
> We could easily use new mime-type for .part files ( with a new icon etc. )
But there are two problems with this:
1. When netscape (and many others, including many ftps) download files, they
down't use .part.
2. If possible, it should display a different icon for .tgz.part files,
.ps.part files, etc... Can this be done with one mime type, or do all of the
mime types need to be duplicated?

Regards,
Yannai.

    /      /__...---===='---+---_'                System Administrator