List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to use KFM clipboard outside of KFM?
From:       iglio () fub ! it (Pietro Iglio)
Date:       1999-02-04 14:55:33

At 14.39 04/02/99 +0100, you wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 02:13:06PM +0100, Pietro Iglio wrote:

>> >Since recently, kfm has started using the system clipboard, not for groups
>> >of URLs, but for text. So you should be able to use QClipboard to copy and
>> >paste _text_ with kfm (from/to QLineEdits, such the toolbar URL, or edit
>> >fields in HTML pages).
>>
>> Unfortunately I need to copy/cut/paste urls.
>>
>> >BTW, why do you need it ?
>>
>> KPanel2 (under kdenonbeta) supports contextual menus on menu items.
>> You can, for instance, add and delete menu entries on-the-fly, without
using
>> the menu editor.
>> KDiskNav, in particular, is becoming an alternative view of the filesystem.
>> You can already copy/move/delete files using drag'n'drop between menus as
>> an alternative to KFM.
>> Now I need to implement the copy/cut/paste contextual menu entries, so I
need
>> the methods that I have requested in the previous message.
>
>As this is for post-1.1, obviously, kfm II (the current kfm) will not exist
>anymore. No way to do it with current kfm, see with Torben for kfm III...
>Wouldn't it be better to implement a kioslave for menus, so that this is
>part of a more generic approach ?

I would like to keep KPanel2 compatible with KDE 1.1 + Qt 1.42 (= more beta
testers). Thus, I'll enable copy/cut/paste only if kfmIII is running.

I agree with the kioslave for menus. However, we should think carefully about
that. A file object can have slightly different menus depending on the
context. For example, a .kdelnk file in the K-Menu has a "Add to Panel" entry.
I don't know if we want this entry to appear on the contextual menu in a
KFM window...

BTW: where can I get KFM III?

-- Pietro