List:       kde-devel
Subject:    compiler issues [was: kdehelp still segfaults]
From:       Robert =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6ftner?= <r.schoeftner () magnet ! at>
Date:       1999-01-28 19:11:25

Am Thu, 28 Jan 1999 schrieb René Beutler:
>Hi,
>
>I applied the patch - as expected it didn't help :-(
>I think the only thing we can do is let people know not to compile kdebase with
>egcs-2.91.57 19980901 (egcs-1.1 release).

regarding compiler-troubles: kwm doesn't work here when compiled with
pgcc-1.1.1 with -march=amdk6 and -O2, when using -O it works...

symptoms: moving a window kills application that owns the window...
perhaps more is wrong, but couldn't test for
obvious reasons :)

kpanel does some weird things too if compiled with -Ox, x>=2: segfaults at more
or less random places (but not really reproduceable)

i didn't test with other -march settings so far

servas,
  robert

--
Robert     GS@  PGP+       Die Justiz ist wie die Venus von Milo:
Schöftner  G++? [...]      Einen Kopf, aber keine Arme