List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KHTMLW & charsets?
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-01-30 10:47:07

Hi,

Try to open http://www.tzo.com
For me this page opens with font "fixed" which looks very ugly and incorect.

Details:
page has "Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" in header
(http-meta...)
Later, there are "... font size="5" face="Arial.." tags.

I have Arial fonts thanks to TTF font server. However, even without this I
should get helvetica fonts, and not fixed.
Settings:
Accept languages = C de en hr us
Accept charsets = us-ascii iso-8859-1 iso-8859-2 windows-1250
Default Charset = use language charset
View->Encoding = Auto.

On some pages I can fix the problem with View->Encoding-><Correct encoding>.
But not on this page.
 I tried to play with Default Charset, no sucess

Sometimes German umlauts are displayed in fixed font too, while the rest of the
word is ok. This is extremly ugly.

And: I have /usr/sharei18n/ dir whic KCharset requires.

Thanks for any hint.

Sven (who needs this encoding stuff, but knows nothing about it :-( )
 --
Sven Radej     radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org