List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with mimetypes : Readme.html = text file !
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-01-29 19:25:46

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 10:24:27PM -0500, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> Duncan Haldane wrote:
>
> > On 29-Jan-99 David Faure wrote:
> > > There is a problem with the current patterns in the mimetypes kdelnk.
> > > Readme.html is recognized as a text file, because english.kdelnk defines
> > > Patterns=README*;INSTALL*;CHANGE*;*.txt;Readme*;
> > >

> > AHA that explains it maybe,  --  kfm wouldn't open my
> > readme-redhat-rpms.html
> > as a html file!
> >
> > duncan
> > duncan@kde.org
>
> As a curosity, did kfm open it as a text file instead ?  If so, were there
> some white spaces (CR/LF) before the <HTML> header.
You're mixing problems.
This is about pattern matching to determine the mimetype.
magic file are only used if no pattern matching succeeded.

>   Try deleting these white
> space(s), save it, and try launching it again.  I bet, if my hunch is correct
> and you run into the same problem I did, kfm would correctly open is as an
> html file.  If this is the case the problem is in the magic files ...
Isn't this fixed now ?

I'll remove README.* patterns right now.

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |