List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: fairly bad KFM bug
From:       "Patrick D. Dowler" <dowler () pt1B1106 ! FSH ! UVic ! CA>
Date:       1999-01-29 17:49:13

>> > Why ? you would need to rename it later anyway, so why not have the
>> > possibility to rename it when saving it (if there is already a
>> > NoTitle.kdelnk), with KRenameWin ?

If an URL doesn't have an obvious "name" (<title>) to use for the
bookmark, it is best to ask right away. The user will otherwise have to
edit the bookmark anyway as it will either be something non-descript
like NoTitle or something long like an url that makes the bookmarks
menu cover half the screen. I'd rather the browser just asks up
front if there isn't an obvious and concise name to use.

>Got your point. Waiting for other votes :)
That's my vote.
--

Patrick Dowler
Victoria, BC