List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: snprintf replacement found
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-01-29 12:17:18

David Faure wrote:

> Olof S Kylander <olof@frozenriver.com> just sent me an implementation of
> snprintf, which fixes compilation on Solaris of programs using it (such as ktalkd).
>
> Stephan, do you remember our discussion about adding such a thing to
> kdelibs/kdecore/fakes.cpp ?
>
> I'm afraid it's a bit late, but I'm asking, just in case....
>
> Do we have a web page for semi-official patches ?
> I would like to publish a FTP-passive-mode-transfer patch for kfm, and this
> snprintf replacement for Solaris users... Such a page could be very useful
> for those good things that come up too late for being committed...

I will add this and more after 1.1 is out. How well is the
implementation,
which license is it under, etc. My current favorite is samba's, shortly
before sane's. ssh's looks most complete but is under a non-acceptable
license for kdelibs.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.