List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE architecture outline
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-01-27 21:16:00

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 Alex Zepeda wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Navindra Umanee wrote:
>
>> Montreal Mon Jan 18 13:05:29 1999
>>
>> Someone mentioned that he couldn't find a KDE equivalent for
>> http://www.gnome.org/devel/arch/.  Is there such an outline, even
>> something brief that describes various components of the KDE
>> architecture?  (other than the source :)
>
>Welp, AFAIK there is none, however, I'm sure I (or some other individual)
>could easily whip up something about the "VFS" a la KProtocol/kioslave/et.
>al.
>
>Obviously Torben is too busy flaming to ask much of, so watch out :}
>
>* Sound.. no idea.. Christian E.?

I can sketch something up. BTW: Have you read the Gnome Sound architecture
description ;-)

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone