List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: fairly bad KFM bug
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-01-27 21:05:28

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 10:25:56PM -0200, uwe@uwix.alt.na wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > > Stupid question: Why do you wan't to use something like
> > > "No Title" for the bookmark? Why not just use the URL?
> > > I think that's much more descriptive.
> >
> > Ah, not so stupid at all.
> > Very good point.
> >
> > And much simpler, BTW.
> >
> > Other opinions ?
>
> URLs can be _very_ long.

Titles also can be _very_ long :))

kfm squeezes them. (Currently only real titles, but could be extended to
URLs taken as titles)

For this, there is now a stringSqueeze function that replaces the middle
part of the string by '...' if it's longer than a given length.

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |