List:       kde-devel
Subject:    DEVEL-ANNOUNCE: kiss-0.1.1
From:       "Yannai A. Gonczarowski" <yannaigo () leyada ! jlm ! k12 ! il>
Date:       1999-01-22 9:51:44

Antal Novak (afn@weevil.net) and myself (yannaigo@leyada.jlm.k12.il)
have released a new version of KISS, the KDE Installation SyStem.

Changed include:

* Everything runs okay under use strict (perl -w was already there).
* Use my instead of local.
* All returns are explicit.
* Numerous speedups.
* Minor change to kiss -q, -qq, and -Q output format.
* Doesn't require grep or find anymore.
* Fixed minor bug with directory deletion.
* Changed the way kiss symlinks .kissdb files to use relative paths.

The Future of Kiss:

krumple, the kiss packager/installer generator is under construction
and has been delayed for a while since we're waiting for the new
version of PerlQt stabilize. (we use perlqt since we need a
platform-independant installer).
Shortly after it is out, we will release krumple.

And after that, we would like to eventually add kiss to the CVS.
There is only one problem with that: where should the default path to
perl be? currently kiss has an installer that finds out where perl
is and changes the first line of kiss.
Once kiss is distributed as part of a kde package, we will not be
able to use this installer. Any ideas?

That's all for now. As always, suggestions/flames are welcome.

Regards,
Yannai.

Regards,
Yannai