List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How do you change the size of the slider that is part of QSlider?
From:       Aaron Levinson <alevinsn () inetarena ! com>
Date:       1999-01-12 3:40:38

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to change the size of the slider that is
part of the QSlider widget.  I'm referring to the thing you move.

Simply overriding QSlider::paintSlider(), changing the size of the QRect
and passing the modified parameters to the real QSlider::paintSlider()
does not work correctly.

I would like to reduce the width of the slider (for a horizontal
slider)--QT uses the same width no matter what the width of the whole
slider bar is.  I'm not sure why it is designed this way, but it does not
make much sense.

I know I could use KSlider to get a smaller slider, but its design is not
suitable (in my opinion) for a balance bar, which I'm working on.

I could modify the QT source files and recompile, but that's not the kind
of solution I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help!

Aaron Levinson