List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How do you get rid of size grip?
From:       Aaron Levinson <alevinsn () inetarena ! com>
Date:       1999-01-11 9:18:17

I've found that the size grip is fairly misleading, since it is enabled by
default on all KDE applications (using KWM), whether or not the window can
be resized.  The size grip (which apparently is the name for it) is the
area in the lower right-hand corner of a window that looks like it can be
clicked on and dragged to resize the window.

QT supports a protected function member of QWidget called
setSizeGrip(bool) that should work, but it requires support from the
window manager.  KWM currently does not have this support.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the size grip without requiring
additional programming for KWM?  I've tried changing the WFlags (as found
in the QWidget constructor), but I haven't had any success there.  Thanks

Aaron Levinson