List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kfm and duplicated code ?
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-01-08 17:52:44

Hello,

I have some questions regarding some of the shared commands in kfm. The
Copy, Delete, Paste and MoveTo Trash commands appear both in under the
Edit -> as well as the Popup menus and perform the same function.
However, different slots are connected to the signals coming from these
actions, slotCommand & slotPopupCommand (where Command is one of the
actions mentioned above).  Why is that necessary ?  Could not these
signals be simply be connected to shared slots as they perform the same
thing ?  It seems to me that we are unnecessarily duplicating the code.
Maybe be there is something I am missing here.  Could someone more
familiar with kfm comment please ?

Dawit A.