List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: For those of us with small screens!
From:       Deirdre Saoirse <deirdre () deirdre ! net>
Date:       1999-01-06 22:58:22

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who ran into the 320x200 bug (I got
that even though my system was set up for 640 x 480). Like you said, this
made KDE unuseable.

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> This don't solve all problems. Because of a X-Server bug, my server is
> running X in 320x200 max (320x204 virtual). It's a real pain. The first
> thing you want to do, is leaving this. On of the biggest problems was
> to cleanly logout, because of the far too big dialog... Such essential
> dialogs should try to scale properly to the visual size, IMHO. (Using
> very small fonts would helped)

_Deirdre   *   #include <disclaimer.deirdre.org>   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"I did rather well myself this past Christmas. The nicest present I
received was a gift certificate good at any hospital for a lobotomy.
Rather thoughtful." --Tom Lehrer