List:       kde-devel
Subject:    free mapping data for KDE group (fwd)
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-01-06 20:34:47

Hi there,

I just got the following offer from Bruce Perens.

Date: Wed, 6 Jan 99 12:20 PST
From: Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com>
Subject: free mapping data for KDE group

Martin,

I have purchased the TIGER/Line 1997 data set, and will be reissuing it
on CD under the GPL to seed the development of Open Source auto navigation
software, mapping web sites, etc. This is a complete U.S. map database,
with GPS coordinates, street names, etc. I am offering one 6-CD set to
each of Debian, GNOME, and KDE (and other non-profit groups that are
worthy).

Please decide among yourselves who might be interested in working on
this, and send me a mailing address.

        Thanks

        Bruce Perens
--
The $70 Billion US "budget surplus" hardly offsets our $5 Trillion national
debt. The debt increased by $133 Billion in the same year we found a