List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM menus : request for comment
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-01-06 12:01:15

On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 12:20:47PM +0100, David Faure wrote:

Hi,

> I received the following patch today, with the following ChangeLog.
> As it's about menu items and menu organisation, I'd like to have opinions from
> kde-look about it. I'm no expert on this matter...

> --- The ChangeLog
[...]

the restructuring sounds reasonable to me. However, there is one ugly
thing:
all the ids of menuitems change when they are moved. Why not explicitly
set an id when using insertItem()? #define (or use a const int) your own
id for each entry, e.g. ID_PRINT, ID_SHOW_HIDDEN, etc. and you will never
have a problem later, when you move the entries around.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer