List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: kaudioserver/kwmsound
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1998-12-30 20:37:39

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Christian Esken wrote:

> Hello autoconf wizards,
> please see below a report, that NetBSD needs  -lcompat

No it doesn't.  Read on :)

> I saw that the acinclude.m4 has the following line:
>
> AC_CHECK_LIB(compat, main, [LIBCOMPAT="-lcompat"]) dnl for FreeBSD
>
> So it looks like ithe test shuld be reworked, that "-lcompat" is added
> on NetBSD, too.

The above test will add libcompat if it exists on any system.  Try it.
Create a dummy library (libcompat) on your Linux box and place it in your
library search path.  Remove config.cache and rerun configure.  It'll hook
in that library for better or worse.

> On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 Scott Presnell wrote:
> >Hi Christian,
> >       I've been trying to work with the kde sound stuff and I've
> >run into a couple of things.  I'm working in NetBSD 1.3.1 and egcs 1.1b.
> >I have made a link from /dev/audio to /dev/dsp.

It sounds like this should be changed.

> >1) Under NetBSD, the code seems to expect the usage of a compatability
> >library, ossaudio, to work with the linux like code... I had to
> >add this library to the Makefile by hand (-lossaudio; its in /usr/lib
> >so no -L flag needed).  Can you see about getting that NetBSD specific
> >configuration information into the configuration/Makefile construction
> >process?

AC_CHECK_LIB(ossaudio, main, [LIBOSSAUDIO="-lossaudio"]) dnl for NetBSD
AC_SUBST(LIBOSSAUDIO)

is all that needs to be added.  That said I'd be willing to bet there's a
non OSS (read: more native, doesn't need external libs) sound driver that
should be supported.

- alex