List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kwelcome (fwd)
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1998-12-28 10:01:16

e really nice if it could use kfm or kdehelp.  Perhaps one could
>add tut: protocol to kfm for the extensions you need...
>
>	tut:/opt/kde/share/doc/manuals/New2Unix.html
>
>With interpretation of a few extra tags you would define.

You are right, I think I'm going to do it this way:
The kwelcome main dialog that pop's up on kde start (I'm currently speaking
to a graphics artist to do nice buttons) is used to start the kde tutorials, the
configuration wizard (which is based on the KWizard widget) and the
kde programming tutorial. The tutorials themselfs are html based and are
displayed using khelp or kfm if I need special tags.

By the way, is anybody interested in helping me writing the tutorials?

MfG
Matthias