List:       kde-devel
Subject:    alpha 1.1 bugs
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1998-12-28 9:51:10

Here are some bugs/problems I found in the alpha1.1 packages. I have not
checked wether they still occour in the latest CVS sources, yet.

- kmail: I'm using a ppp connection at home. I wrote a mail and hit the 'send'
button instead of the 'send later' button while being offline. The first thing
I noticed is not exactly a bug but I'd call it a problem. kmail hangs for
about 3 mins (no paint event) until a message appeares that no smtp
connection could be established. I think this should go faster, kmail seems to
try to long to send that mail, users could get impatient (I did). Another
thing I noticed was when I tried the same thing again and kmail did not pop up
just one message box (not the 'no smtp connection' message this time but some
wired symbols) , it was poping up message boxes in a loop and couldn't be
stopped. I even was not able to  kill it because I had no chance to do anything
while kmail was poping up hundrets of message boxes.

- kpanel: the little handles on both sides of the panel can not be covered by
any window when then panel is minimized.

- kfm: I'm having lot's of problems and misdisplayed pages with the alpha 1.1
kfm but I can't exactly tell how to reproduce them because they seem to occour
randomly. One of those problems is that sometimes the fonts of a page that
normaly get's displayed correctly have the colour of the background or disapear
totally.
Another problem is that kfm somethimes does not repaint certain regions
of the browser window which have been covered by another window before. The
problem is not that kfm leaks cpu time and gets no paint event because I can
scroll the rest of the page.
A third bug I sometimes experiance (especially on freshmeat but not always) is
that pictures are not displayed. For example on freshmeat the main logo is not
displayed.
A last bug (but I'm not sure if this is a bug or a missing feature) occours when
I use kfm to browse the local hd (treeview activated) and I switch to slashdot
(I have saved the settings for this url with treeview deactivated) but the
treeview was still activated.

MFG
Matthias