List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Perl and KDE
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       1998-12-22 0:17:51

Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> > is going to simply carry this forward into PerlKDE as well.  So, if you
> > already know how to make the widgets work in C++ you'll already know how to
>
> But I don't. Can I find documentation for the widgets somewhere? I saw
> a  announcement of a tutorial here, will it help?

Easiest way to get documentation on the widgets is to make sure that you've
got all of the header files installed, and then get and install the KDE-SDK.
It includes 'kdoc' which can be used to generate HTML pages containing all of
the documentation from the header files.  That at least gives you an idea as
to what the API looks like and how it can be used.

> > As for a forms builder, I don't know of any efforts to do one for PerlQt but
> > recommend QtArchitect for most other things.  Can't say that I use everything
>
> Can it be used together with Perl?

Not at this point; QtArchitect only outputs C++ source for building with the
Qt libraries at this point.  I'd hope that it eventually gets extra support
for KDE and then possibly PerlQt/PerlKDE.  But, I'm not going to hold my
breath on that one.  One of those things that would be nice to have, but I
don't have the time to get in there and add support for that myself.

--
Graham TerMarsch

// On the eighth day, God created FORTRAN.