List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdenonbeta configure problems
From:       Paul Dwerryhouse <paul () xenu ! ee ! mu ! oz ! au>
Date:       1998-12-16 0:18:03

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 01:04:11PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Which is exactly what you're supposed to get. I just tried with every
> find I can find on my Solaris 2.6 system and it doesn't make any
> difference.
>
> Any other hints you have? Try "rm configure.in && make configure.in"
> with some modifications til it works - I have no other clue.

Hmmm. Oh, I see, the Makefile.cvs stuff isn't as confusing to look at as I
thought it was...

Ok, so it's dying at the @automake line in admin/Makefile.common...

...if I type "automake" in the root kdenonbeta directory, I get:

xenu /home/paul/kde/kdenonbeta 136 > automake
automake: no `Makefile.am' found or specified

(This is automake version 1.3. It also happens with automake 1.2. Weird,
 it's always worked in the past)....

...now, if I type "automake Makefile", it works perfectly.

So, now if I change "@automake" to "@automake Makefile" in Makefile.common,
it all works fine. This is nuts. I have nothing weird in my enviroment
variables that would do something like this...

I will put it down to divine intervention. I feel I will go mad, otherwise :)

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to