List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need a standard "Dock" icon ? was:  Re: Usability
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1998-12-07 14:48:53

On Mon, 07 Dec 1998, Torsten Rahn wrote:
>Instead of making yet another icon for this it would be nice if it would
>dock if you press on the minimize button (including minimize-animation
>to make it clear to the user what happens).
>
>But if you really need an icon: would an anchor be suggestive enough?
>
>Torste

  Just my 0.02$:

-the minimize animation should go in the right direction
(for example kscd does dock on minimize, but the animation
goes up to the toolbar not down to the panel)
-and it would be really nice if we would have a different
icon if programs are performing docking on minimize.
Actually I think that kscd is performing docking on both
minimize and close, so no need of two icons there.

  Actually, it seems that we are rather advanced if we are
dealing with such details problems. :-)

           Lotzi

--
-------