List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Screensavers
From:       Rene Beutler <rbeutler () g26 ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       1998-12-07 10:55:04

Hi,

the problem is how to erase the screen. you can't just add a clear
function to main.cpp (the part of the source shared by all savers),
because clear has a different meaning for different screensavers (for some
it's just black, some would use images). so we would have to implement
this function (e.g refresh(QRect &rect)) for every screensaver. not that
this would be too complicated, but this is something after KDE1.1.

I'm willing to create a clean interface and make the changes for the
shared sources. But the changes in the savers itself is up to the authors
and again, don't expect me to do it soon.

Regards,
Rene

---
rbeutler@g26.ethz.ch