List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Help!  KDE build problems
From:       "Mark Roberts" <maroberts () dial ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1998-11-30 8:54:44

[Posted to devel mailing list as it concerns CVS release]

I've just upgraded my system to RH5.2 and decided to do a clean build of
KDE from the latest CVS release, deleting my /opt/kde directory.

I built the shared version of QT 1.41, following the instructions, and then
turned to build KDE.

A number of modules in KDE don't seem to build
kdesupport: builds but complains about missing ndbm library
	[I checked, libndbm is in /usr/lib, path is in ld.so.conf]

Most other packages: some modules build but others complain about missing
QT functions.

I believe I'm using the g++ compiler (not egcs, although I have it).

Q1. Anyone spot anything silly in the above ?
Q2. Should I have built the static version of the QT library ?
Q3. Should I be using the egcs compiler and how do I force KDE & QT to use
it ?
Q4. If you can't spot the problem from the above, what other info should I
post ?