List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KWM bug still there ?
From:       Dan Pilone <pilone () enews ! nrl ! navy ! mil>
Date:       1998-11-30 7:00:06

Previously written in blue crayon:
 > >instead of normal cursor I get resize cursor and I can do nothing with that
 > >window anymore, except of raise it with Alt-Tab and close it with Alt-F4

 > Can you sort of reproduce it?
 >
 > Several people reported something like this, but I never could reproduce it.
 > Can you give me your detailed settings, please?

	Don't know if this will help, but I had this problem on IRIX
6.5 as well.  It was in a kwm from about a week and a half ago.  I
tracked it down to the QT_SIZE_GRIP (or something similiar) property.
Removing that fixed my problem.  It didn't matter where I clicked
(didn't even have to be in a window), the cursor would jump to the
bottom right corner of whatever window was the last to show up and
would try to resize the the window.  Note that this would only happen
with windows that were started _after_ kwm.  In other words, if I put
in a sleep in startkde and let kfm, etc, start before KWM, things
worked and KWM could control the windows properly.  But if I launched
anything else once the window was mapped I was out of luck.  This is
with Qt 1.41.  If you want more details I can get them tommorrow at
work. -- Dan

 Dan Pilone					Special Projects Group
 pilone@enews.nrl.navy.mil			ENEWS
 PH:  202-404-7616				Naval Research Labs
 Fax: 202-767-6767				Washington, DC.