List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Recruiting Programmers for SHAMAN Project (An Application Frameworkgenerator)
From:       Matthias Hoelzer <hoelzer () physik ! uni-wuerzburg ! de>
Date:       1998-11-20 9:37:14

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:49:54 +0100
From: Tim Fischer <tfischer@nepustil.net>

Abstract: Programmers needed for Shaman.
                    Designers needed for Templates (OO-Patterns)
                    Required Skills: C++, perl, KDE, GNOME (pick two),
configure
See:           cvs.kde.org module: shaman;
http://home.sprintmail.com/~granroth/shaman/

Full Text:

Hi folks,

I am working on a very generic Applikation Frameworkgenerator called
shaman.

There are several Code Generators there or on the way (E.g kappgen, a
wizards in kbuilder or KodeKnight).

Shaman was invented by Kurt Granroth and has a very sophisticated design
and
is VERY generic. see: http://home.sprintmail.com/~granroth/shaman/

In the last month I have created a nice GUI to shaman. Shaman is
supposed to generate KDE,
GNOME and console applications right out of the box.
The GUI is near to finished. It allows you to create a program from a
Template, getting
required parameters and enabling the user to monitor the generation of
his program.

But shaman is MORE! Shaman is a philosophy of creating and modifying
collections of related documents of any kind: NOT JUST CODE! This means
creating DOCUMENTATION,
PROJECT SCHEDULE, REQUIREMENTS, DESIGN DOCUMENTS, DATA DICTIONARIES,
BUG REPORTS, WEB REPORTS....

Shaman consists of

AppInit Templates, so you can
    Painlessly create a new Application
INCLUDING *DEVELOPER* DOCUMENTATION,
    and can easily start programming. Support for real Software
Engeneers. THIS can always
    be enhanced.

AppChange (TODO), so you can
    Easily change the name of an existing Project´s files, variables,

ClassWizard (TODO)
    Easily subclass from any existing class including updating your
Makefiles

DocuChange (TODO)
    Can easily change your DataDictionary,  ProjectSchedule and
republish it as HTML

AppTracker (TODO)
    Tracks changes in App and Errors reported by users. Might integrate
with gnats.

Last but not least

SHAMAN IS OPEN!!!! We will implement Interfaces to anyone who ask US to.

SHAMAN IS CROSSPLATTFORM (POSIX) and CROSSGUI!
SHAMAN Template Repository is THE PLACE TO DISCUSS YOUR Design Ideas
like Document/View or MVC -> It is the place where to learn from.

I would appreaciate anyone willing to help, test,
programm, providing templates and discussing ideas.

Yours

Tim.