List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What's with the background docking icon?
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       1998-11-19 13:03:17

At 21:32 18.11.1998 -0800, Aaron Levinson wrote:

>I got a CVS drop late last night, and the first thing I noticed was the
>docking icon that's taking up precious docking space on the kpanel.  I
>initially assumed that it must provide some cool new feature to be there
>by default, but all it does is allow you to change the background!  Not
>only that, but you can't get rid of the damn thing.  "Quit" does not exist
>in the popup menu.  In addition, unlike standard docking apps, there's no
>window associated with it.

Let's say the user interface is somewhat unluckily chosen.
I miss very much that anything happens when you click on the icon.

>The icon is also very misleading.  Two computers that are connected makes
>me think of networking, not setting the background.

Yes.

The only usable feature I would see is if it could be possible to drop
an image on the icon to set the current background without opening
the display dialog.

As it behaves current I also think that it is useless.
Please take this as positive feedback -- it is not meant as flaming.

Kind regards,
Stefan