List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE version notice
From:       <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1998-11-19 11:20:40

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Aaron Levinson wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Mosfet wrote:
>
> > I like just putting it on KDE Help's main page. If it does get stuck into kwm I
> > would like it very much if was able to be shut off. Version notices and logos
> > popping up each time I login would get annoying ;)
>
> Oops, I meant to add that too.  The user SHOULD have some easy, accessible
> way to get rid of the logo.  Maybe, after the logo has popped up, say five
> times, a little message box could come up, asking the user if he/she
> wishes to continue to see the logo.

I don't like this idea at all. We could put a version number into the
'About KDE' box. No need to annoy users by windows without any
functionality.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Namibia                                                       uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org