List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A printer kdelnk ? Is kfm doc lying or forgetting something ?
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () chaos ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1998-11-15 23:26:32

I have used the Program.kdelnk template to create:

# KDE Config File
[KDE Desktop Entry]
Comment[C]=Print to Ice
SwallowTitle=
SwallowExec=
Comment[fr]=Application
BinaryPattern=
Name[C]=ice
MimeType=application/postscript;text/english;text/plain;text/x-c++hdr;text/x-c++src;text/x-chdr;text/x-csrc;text/x-makefile;
 Exec=/homes/dsweet/Scripts/printer ice %f
Icon=kde_network_printer.xpm
TerminalOptions=
Path=
Type=Application
Terminal=0

where /homes/dsweet/Scripts/printer is a script which handles the printing.
You could just use "lpr -Pice %f" or whatever.

Is there a better way?

Dave