List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kfm
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-11-10 19:34:17

> > Added layout management for Exec-properties dialog box.
> > Next will be Bindings-properties.
> >
> Hi David
>
> I intend to add color selection for fore/background in kfm's dialog from
> root.cpp. Do you have some intentions on this too? Just to know so that we
> don't duplicate work.
Good idea. You can do that, I'm working on Properties in kfmprops.cpp/.h only,
at the moment, and didn't plan to do the color choosing.

> And an idea. Does someone know if it is possible to swallow the
> properties dialog of kfm in kcontrol? :-) I mean, kfm should always be up
> and running. It is unfortunaterly impossible right now to detach
> completely the properties dialog from kwm and make it a kcm module. There
> is a kcmkfm but that one duplicates (incompletely) the functions in kfm's
> dialog. The noticable miss is the root icons configuration (this is what
> can't be detached from kfm). So, in order to provide a kcmkfm-like (but
> complete set) it would be suffisant to add a kwmcom command code to kfm
> which will open the props dialog on demand. That's beautiful. But I wonder
> if swallowing the non-detached child into kcontrol would be possible. I
> doubt, but I better ask the genies :-)
It looks like the widget of the dialog has to be a KConfigWidget, defined in
kdeui/kcontrol.* So even if kfm pops it on request, I think it could be
swallowed in kcontrol, but I might be wrong.

I like the idea of having only one configuration dialog for kfm instead of two.

> Was I clear? I don't think so.
Yes you were clear, no problem. :)

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |