List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kmail on OSF1
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () chaos ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1998-11-05 23:18:35

 When compiling kmail on OSF1 V4.0 I found that flock is defined in
 /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h   as:
  struct   flock     {
               short     l_type;
               short     l_whence;
               off_t     l_start;
               off_t     l_len;                   /* len = 0 means until end of file */
               pid_t     l_pid;
  };

 So when compiling kmfolder.cpp (HAVE_FLOCK is defined in ../config.h)I get
  the error:
 kmfolder.cpp: In method `int KMFolder::lock()':
 kmfolder.cpp:251: no matching function for call to `flock::flock (short int
 &, int)' /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:73:
  candidates are:
  flock::flock(const flock&) /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h:73:
  flock::flock()

  for each time flock() is called.   As a quick fix, I just put an
       #undef HAVE_FLOCK
  at the top of kmfolder.cpp and everything compiled ok.   It seems that a better
 way to decide whether to set HAVE_FLOCK needs to be invented.   Unfortunately I
  don't know much about that stuff yet...

  Dave