List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kzip
From:       <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1998-11-02 10:39:15

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Peter Silva wrote:

> David Faure wrote:

> > > Just do it! robertp@macatawa.org doesn't answer, the time goes and nobody
> > > else solves the problem.. Should be fixed before KDE v1.1
> >
> > Ok, tell me the name you want instead of kzip, and I'll do it.
> > kziper ? Too much like "kzip" - related to zip file format. It seems that kzip
> > does more than that, doesn't it ?
> > karchive ? Why not, if it handles most archives file formats...
> >

> ark ?  archiver for KDE ?  I know I know, non-standard, I'm getting
> bored k* anyways :-)  It has such cute GUI potential, what with
> Noah and all.  For each archive you could have a picture of an ark,
> Opening an archive could extend a gang plank from towards the bottom
> of the image.  You can have animals walking off the ark as it is
> de-archiving, and onto the ark when it's building an archive.
> Maybe if the archive is corrupt, the boat could sink ...

Think of non-christian countries. People won't associate anything with
the pics.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Namibia                                                       uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org