List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Strange phenomenon under DEC/OSF
From:       Matthias Hoelzer <hoelzer () physik ! uni-wuerzburg ! de>
Date:       1998-10-29 15:15:02

Hi,

a friend of mine just installed KDE 1.0 with QT-1.41 under OSF on a DEC
alpha. It runs very fine, but a strange thing happens: The display of
the kpanel and the kfm icons gets distorted after some seconds. Somehow,
it looks like if every second line is doubled. It is very hard to
describe, so I put an image at:

http://theorie.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~hoelzer/kpanel.gif

The funny thing is: as soon as you move the mouse over the icon, it
looks all right again. At first, we thought we were a bit drunk :-)

My first guess was that it is a buggy X server, but it only happens with
kpanel icons and kfm icons on the desktop, so I wanted to ask if anyone
has experienced something similar?

Bye,
Matthias.