List:       kde-devel
Subject:    help: drawing images in a khtmlw-document without using the khtmlw?
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1998-10-20 12:05:22

Hi!

I'm currently developing a Diskmag-System. Although the project is really
almost finished I've still got a big problem using inline images:
For displaying text I'm sorta forced to use the (outstanding, great :) )
KHTML-Widget because I need the hyperlink-feature of HTML (for referencing
external links and internal links to other articles/documents) . But in
addition I would like to display (over the text) inline-pictures which won't
be a problem in general but since I need to define the positions of the images
exactly by coordinates I ran into terrible problems (the img-tag can't help me
here since the alignment in html isn't precise enough for my needs) .

I already managed it to create a virtual background image in which I sort of
"bitblt" (not really by using this function) the inline images at the required
coordinates and then "give" this image (via a especially for this case defined
QImageIOHandler) to the khtml-widget.
But since this method is terribly slow (and needs a *LOT* of memory) I would
like to ask whether anyone of you guys has an idea for this? I already thought
that this might be related to the recent thread here in kde-devel about
transparent widgets but I wasn't really able to find a concrete solution "in"
this thread.

Thanks for any help/advice in advance,
 Simon

--
Simon Hausmann - Tronical^Colorfast - <tronical@gmx.net> - IRCNet #colorfast

Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for - Use Linux