List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple version of qt...
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1998-10-20 9:36:47

Hi Pietro,

I had that problem with several versions of kdelibs in my system.

The solution:
the library-loader uses an environmentvariable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Set the varaible with the path of your libs.

e.g. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/qt-1.40/lib"

The programs startet from this shell, where you set the variable, will first
search in LD_LIBRARY_PATH for their libs and after that in the normal
directories of the system.

Ciao

--
Michael Koch					 eMail: m_koch@bigfoot.de