List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kaudioserver not dying on logout
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-10-11 14:19:00

> You _could_ write a very small X program that doesn't do everything else
> than
> killing kaudioserver on dying. Or how about checking if an instance of
> kaudioserver is already running and dying in case?
I prefer the first solution.
Otherwise you still have a kaudioserver instance
running when you're out of X (and maudio I think)
[ which is a problem for ktalkd, because one of them is a
program with $DISPLAY set, so ktalkd thinks the user is logged in X ]
and which takes some memory for nothing anyway.

If we do this small X program, it could even log the user in utmp at startup
and remove it when exiting from X. This would be easier for ktalkd, but above
all it would allow 'write' to work, and the 'last' command to be useful.

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |