List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Copy&paste concept (was Re: Interesting article)
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () chaos ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1998-10-01 13:31:33

On Thu, 01 Oct 1998, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>At 13:24 1.10.1998 +0200, Amaury wrote:
>[...]
>>Well, I have another idea :
>>In my understanding, KDE is supposed to beeasy to use, and might
>>be headed to the joe user (happily coming back from WinHell...)
>>I can say that I find very practical the following combinations :
>>
>>Shift - Insert : paste
>>Ctrl  - Insert : copy
>>Shift - Delete : cut
>>Ctrl  - Delete : destroy (put in the undo stack)
>
>This topic was discussed up and down for a long time.
>Please do not start the keybindings discussion again.
>
>--Stefan

Ah...sorry about my post.  As penance, here's the reference for all who are
interested in this topic:
	http://www.kde.org/standard-keys.html
It explains the situation quite clearly.  The sort answer:
	1) Ctrl-x,c,v (like Mac/NextStep) for cut copy paste
	2) Home/end go to beginning/end of line
	3) No word-left/right defs.
	4) Use KStdAccel to get the keys and worry about choosing them
		yourself (when programming)

Dave